Practice respect, Accept responsibility, Work honestly and Safety matters (PAWS).
A.A. Gates Elementary School faculty and staff believe that responsible-positive behavior is the foundation of an excellent education.
These ongoing expectations are an effort to reduce disruptive behaviors that make in difficult for all students to learn effectively.
- Our school community makes a commitment to our students that we will teach, model and expect responsible-positive behaviors throughout the school and school grounds based on our "PAWS Matrix."
- We think that all students, staff, and parents should feel safe, comfortable, and respected in our school community.
- We are all dedicated to providing the most effective learning environment possible and maximizing instructional time for all students.
- We want our students to learn, be successful, and feel happy while at
- Our teachers, administrators, and staff will provide positive PAWS reinforcement through individual classroom recognition activities as well as school-wide programs.
- We also extend these expectations to our parents, and ask for their help in reinforcing and supporting our school-wide expectations at home.