How to register a student at Port Byron CSD
Students wishing to enter kindergarten in September must be 5 years old on or before December 1st. Students new to the district, those who have moved or left the district and wish to return, and those who have attended a private school, including kindergarten, must also register.
Children who will turn six years of age on or before December 1st must start school in September.
To start the registration process, please contact the Registrar’s office at (315) 776-5728 ext. 1305, or the school building's main office. The office summer hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Students may be registered only if the appropriate documentation is provided. At the time of registration, please bring the following documents:
- Documentation demonstrating proof of age (such as a birth certificate, immunization records, passport, or immigration paperwork).
- Custody paper showing parental custody, if applicable.
- Proof of residency, defined as a rental or mortgage agreement or utility bill showing your physical address. These are the only items acceptable.
- If the student is in special education, it would be helpful to provide an Individual Education Plan (IEP) at registration.
- If the student is being placed in a group home or foster care, a letter from the placement agency is necessary. DS2999 form along with all other paperwork
- If the person registering a student is not the parent, the adult must show court papers proving they have custody of the child.
- Written evidence of immunization from your child's doctor or public health clinic. Be sure to check carefully with your child's doctor to make certain your child has the necessary shots.